Notification of Expected Funding
This is to inform you that the Project SUCCESS in Language and Literacy Instruction: A Title III National Professional Development Program expects to receive scholarship and stipend funding in September 2021 from the United States Department of Education. This will be for the 2021-22 academic year to support 18 students with financial need planning to or pursuing an EC-6 ESL or Bilingual teacher certification.
To participate in Project SUCCESS to receive funding, we will consider every student that applies and meets all the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Intending to apply or already admitted to the Bachelor’s in Interdisciplinary Studies degree with certification in EC-6 Core Subjects with Bilingual Supplemental or ESL Supplemental
- FAFSA application on file indicating high or mid-level financial need
- Have at least a cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Willingness to complete 22 hours of service learning and professional development.
- Willingness to complete five certification courses successfully.
The amount of the scholarship contingent upon funding will be up to $5,363 per student to pay for tuition and fees and a stipend of $200 to help offset the costs of participating in 22 hours of service-learning and professional development activities.
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, you may submit an intent to apply. This will be considered when funding arrives to UNT. The intent to apply period will be from June 1 until Sept. 1, 2021.
If you are selected to receive funds, information will be sent to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to coordinate the award with others you may have received for the 2021-22 academic year.
Dr. Rossana Boyd,
Director, Project SUCCESS
UNT Principal Lecturer, Bilingual/ESL Teacher Education Programs