Admission to the Online Superintendent Certification Program is a two-step process. Each applicant must first apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School.Then, applications for students who meet initial admission standards are forwarded to the College of Education for review and final decision.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to apply for the program:
- The applicant must be tapped into the program by the district superintendent (or his or her designee).
- The applicant must have a minimum of two years' teaching experience in an EC-12 public or private school.
- The applicant must also have administrative experience prior to beginning the program.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree from an accredited body recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- The applicant must hold a Principal Certificate issued by TEA, another state or country. Waivers issued by TEA for Principal Certification are not accepted in this program.
To complete the certification requirements, the applicant must:
- Successfully complete the UNT Online Superintendent Certification Program
- Successfully complete the required certification exam (195)
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
Apply through the Toulouse Graduate School at www.applytexas.org. Submit the application fee and official transcripts from all schools attended to the Graduate School. If the minimum GPA requirements are met, the packet will be forwarded to our department for review. You must meet the admission requirements of the Toulouse Graduate School, including a minimum 3.4 GPA on master's degree work. You must also submit GRE verbal and analytic writing scores.
Apply to the College of Education
Applicants will need to complete the Superintendent Certification Program Online Application and provide contact information for the candidate's superintendent or a designee to complete the program nomination form.