Admission to the master's program in Early Childhood Education is a two-step process. Each applicant must first apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School.Then, applications for students who meet initial admission standards are forwarded to the Early Childhood Studies Admissions Committee for review and final decision.
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
You must be admitted to the Toulouse Graduate School before enrolling in the accelerated online program. Conditional acceptance to the graduate school can be granted if you meet program requirements.
- Submit your application at applytexas.org and choose the "Master of Science degree in Early Childhood Education" in the degree plan list. Confirm that you are applying for the accelerated online program when prompted near the end of the application process.
- Request an official transcript of your records from each college or university that you have attended and have them sent to the Toulouse Graduate School. All transcripts are required but unofficial transcripts will be accepted with your application while official transcripts are being processed.
By U.S. Postal Service:
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459, Denton, TX 76203-5017
Toulouse Graduate School
1147 Union Circle, ESSC 354, Denton, TX 76203-5459
- Pay the $75 application fee at the time you apply.
- You will be notified of your acceptance to the graduate school by mail and through my.unt.edu.
Admission decisions will be made based on a holistic review of applicant qualifications.
Apply to the College of Education
Submit the following documents electronically to MS-EarlyChildhoodEd@unt.edu for admittance to the College of Education's accelerated online master's program:
- Three satisfactory letters of reference, on letterhead, from professionals who address the applicant's ability to successfully pursue graduate study.
- A 3-4 page double-spaced essay explaining the purpose for undertaking graduate study at UNT, including professional plans or career goals and a discussion of professional interests related to early childhood education.
- A resume detailing your professional experience.
Check Status Online
You can check your application status:
To check if your transcripts and entrance exam scores have been submitted:
The Toulouse Graduate School will send you an email and pin number to check online at my.unt.edu. You will need to activate your EUID with the pin number and click on Admissions Status.
Admission of International Students
- Applicants who do not hold either U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident alien status should apply to the UNT Graduate International Admissions.
- An international applicant's bachelor's degree should be equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree.
- All documents should be submitted at least six months before enrollment date.
We're here to help you every step of the way. Call 940-565-3290 or e-mail MS-EarlyChildhoodEd@unt.edu. with questions or to find out the status of your application.
Visit the Registrar's website for more information on course registration dates and payment deadlines.