Admission to the master's program in Kinesiology, Health Promotion, and Recreation is a two-step process. Each applicant must first apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School. Then, applications for students who meet initial admission standards are forwarded to the College of Education for review and final decision.
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
- Complete an application at applytexas.org.
- Requirements for international applicants can be viewed at http://admissions.unt.edu/international, including information on meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Have official transcripts from each college or university you have attended sent to the Toulouse Graduate School. Submit documents to:
University of North Texas
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS)
1147 Union Circle, ESSC Room 354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203
Apply to the College of Education
After being accepted into the UNT's Toulouse Graduate School, your application will be sent to the Kinesiology Graduate Program Coordinator for review. Please note admission to the graduate program in kinesiology is not guaranteed because you are accepted into the UNT's Toulouse Graduate School. Admission to the graduate program in kinesiology is not determined by any single criterion or quantitative measure of achievement but on the decision by the Kinesiology Graduate Program Coordinator with input from faculty members in the department.
- Earn a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Earn a 3.0 grade point average or higher on all undergraduate work OR a 3.25 GPA on the last 60 hours of your undergraduate degree OR a 3.4 GPA on your master's degree.
- A typed candidate statement found within the online application which includes the candidates purpose in pursuing graduate study at the University of North Texas, career objectives, goals, and a discussion of the candidate's particular interest area.