Admission to the master's program is a two-step process. First, each applicant must apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School. Second, applicants must apply and be admitted into the Department of Educational Psychology for the specific program.
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
You must be admitted to the Toulouse Graduate School before enrolling in the accelerated online program.
- Complete an application at applytexas.org and choose "Educational Psychology MS” when prompted to select your major. The application will request you to select the “Learning and Development” concentration at a later step.
- Requirements for international applicants can be viewed at http://admissions.unt.edu/international, including information on meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Have official transcripts from each college or university you have attended sent to the Toulouse Graduate School. Submit documents to:
University of North Texas
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS)
1147 Union Circle, ESSC Room 354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203
Apply to the Department of Educational Psychology
- Two written letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references. These letters must be specifically written for the current application, signed by the reference, and printed on his/her official letterhead. Personal references are not accepted.
- Professional resume that delineates previous work, educational experiences, membership and involvement in professional organizations, and scholarly activities.
- Personal statement between 1-3 pages that explicitly addresses your goals and rationale for applying to the desired concentration and degree at UNT.
- GRE scores are waived for admission purposes if you have at least a 3.25 from your undergraduate program (as calculated by UNT). If your GPA is lower than 3.25, you must submit GRE scores.
- All departmental application materials must be received within three months of the submitted online application. You can begin submitting departmental materials before receiving a decision from Toulouse Graduate School about graduate school admission.
All departmental admission decisions are based on a holistic review of the applicant's submitted materials. Applicants that are strong in all areas will have first priority for admission.
Send all departmental materials and application inquiries to:
Check Status Online
There are two ways to check your application status:
- To check if your transcripts have been submitted: The Toulouse Graduate School will send you an email and pin number to check online at my.unt.edu. You will need to activate your EUID with the pin number and click on Admissions Status.
- To check if your supporting documents (essay, resume, letters of recommendation) have been submitted: Email your full name and UNT Student ID to Devyn.Dougherty@unt.edu. Enter "Application Status Update" as well as your name and UNT Student ID in the email subject line.