Admission to the Master of Education in Teaching program is a two-step process. Each applicant must first apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School.Then, applications for students who meet initial admission standards are forwarded to the College of Education for review and final decision.
For Fall, Aug 1st
For Spring, Dec 18th
For Summer, May 14th
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
You must be admitted to the Toulouse Graduate School before enrolling in the accelerated online program.
- Submit your application at https://goapplytexas.org/. Make sure you confirm that you are applying for the Online Program when prompted. Details on their requirements and applications deadlines can be viewed at https://tgs.unt.edu/future-students/graduate-admissions. Requirements for international applicants can be viewed at http://admissions.unt.edu/international, including information on meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement. Students are encouraged to apply well in advance of the posted deadlines. All departmental application materials must be received within two months of the submitted online application.
- Pay the $75 application fee, which can be submitted through https://goapplytexas.org/.
- Request an official transcript of your records from each college or university that you have attended (official transcripts of all academic coursework previously undertaken, including an undergraduate degree from an accredited academic institution in an allied field) and have them sent to the Toulouse Graduate School. Submit documents to:
- University of North Texas
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS)
1147 Union Circle, ESSC Room 354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203
- University of North Texas
Admission of International Students
- Applicants who do not hold either U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident alien status should apply through the UNT International Admissions Office, in addition to the Toulouse Graduate School and College of Health and Public Service. An international applicant's bachelor's degree should be equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree. International students ONLY: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)--a minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based) is required.
- Click here for the International Graduate Student Admissions Checklist
Apply to the College of Education
The student must meet the requirements of the Toulouse Graduate School and a specific set of department requirements when applying to the master's program. For graduate school requirements, go to the Admission section of this catalog or visit the Toulouse Graduate School website at graduateschool.unt.edu.
The department's requirements are:
- Grade Point Average (GPA): GPA of 2.88 overall or 3.0 in the final 60 hours at the baccalaureate level.
- Teaching Certificate or Equivalent: A valid Texas teaching certificate or equivalent, which may include teaching certificates from other states or requisite experience as verified by an administrator.
- Essay: a thoughtful, well-organized 2-3 page double-spaced essay on the applicant's personal philosophy of teaching, with concrete examples of that philosophy applied to the applicant's own teaching practices
- Letter of Intent: a letter of intent to pursue Master's studies in Curriculum and Instruction (details about the candidate, the degree being sought, and the reasons for seeking it
- Resume: a professional Curriculum Vita (CV) or resume
We welcome applicants whose conversational, reading, and writing skills in English are still emerging, but you should use the following information to ensure you can succeed:
- English Language Proficiency: UNT degree program applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency. The minimum TOEFL score requirement is 79 and the minimum IELTS score is 6.5. UNT International provides a complete list of ways to demonstrate English language proficiency. If applicants do not meet these requirements, we encourage them to consider enrolling in UNT’s Intensive English Language Institute. Applicants must apply for IELI directly with UNT International.
Please send all departmental materials and application inquiries to:
University of North Texas
Department of Teaching Education and Administration
1155 Union Circle #310740
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Check Status Online
- To check if your transcripts have been submitted: The Toulouse Graduate School will send you an email and pin number to check online at my.unt.edu. You will need to activate your EUID with the pin number and click on Admissions Status.