Admission to the master's program in Educational Leadership is a two-step process. Each applicant must first apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School.Then, applications for students who meet initial admission standards are forwarded to the College of Education for review and final decision.
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
- Apply to UNT's Toulouse Graduate School. You must be admitted to the graduate school before enrolling in the accelerated online program. Conditional acceptance to the graduate school can be granted if you meet program requirements.
- Submit your application at https://goapplytexas.org and choose either the "Master of Education degree in Educational Leadership" or the “principal certification” in the degree plan list. Make sure you confirm that you are applying for the accelerated online program when prompted near the end of the application process.
- Request an official transcript of your records from each college or university that you have attended and have them sent to the Toulouse Graduate School.
Transcripts must be official. These can be ordered from the university and sent to GradAdmission@unt.edu or mailed to one of the addresses below.
By U.S. Postal Service:
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459, Denton, TX 76203-5017
Toulouse Graduate School
1147 Union Circle, ESSC 354, Denton, TX 76203-5459
- Pay the $75 application fee at the time you apply.
- You will be notified of your acceptance to the graduate school by mail and through my.unt.edu.
Apply to the College of Education
- Submit the following documents electronically to the College of Education at Marilyn.Deuble@unt.edu for admittance to the accelerated online master's program:
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor identifying your leadership, critical thinking and writing skills.
- An essay describing why you're seeking a master's degree in Educational Leadership, identifying relevant educational experiences and strengths, and providing evidence that you will be a successful educational leader in an increasingly multicultural environment.
- A resume that includes your previous work and educational experience. Experience in PreK-12 is preferred for admission.
- A program application to the Educational Leadership Program. This is not the same application as Apply Texas.
- No GRE score is required for admission to the Master’s degree program. However, a rule from the Texas Education Agency states, “An applicant who does not meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 and is seeking Principal as Instructional Leader certification must perform at or above a score equivalent to a 2.5 GPA on the Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytic Writing sections of the GRE® (Graduate Record Examinations) revised General Test.”