Admission to the master's program in Educational Leadership is a two-step process. Each applicant must first apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School.Then, applications for students who meet initial admission standards are forwarded to the College of Education for review and final decision.
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
- Apply to UNT's Toulouse Graduate School. You must be admitted to the graduate school before enrolling in the accelerated online program. Conditional acceptance to the graduate school can be granted if you meet program requirements.
- Submit your application at https://goapplytexas.org and choose either the "Master of Education degree in Educational Leadership" or the “principal certification” in the degree plan list. Make sure you confirm that you are applying for the accelerated online program when prompted near the end of the application process.
- Request an official transcript of your records from each college or university that you have attended and have them sent to the Toulouse Graduate School.
Transcripts must be official. These can be ordered from the university and sent to GradAdmission@unt.edu or mailed to one of the addresses below.
By U.S. Postal Service:
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459, Denton, TX 76203-5017
Toulouse Graduate School
1147 Union Circle, ESSC 354, Denton, TX 76203-5459
- Pay the $75 application fee at the time you apply.
- You will be notified of your acceptance to the graduate school by mail and through my.unt.edu.
Apply to the College of Education
- Applicants must have a master’s degree from an accredited college or university. Courses and the candidate’s performance in that degree are reviewed.
- Applicants must have a previous master’s GPA of 3.5
- or higher.
- At least two years teaching experience as the teacher of record in a PreK-12 accredited school.
- A teacher certificate
- Submit the following documents electronically to the College of Education at Marilyn.Deuble@unt.edu for admittance to the accelerated online principal certification program:
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor identifying your leadership, critical thinking and writing skills.
- An essay describing why you're seeking a principal certification, identifying relevant educational experiences and strengths, and providing evidence that you will be a successful educational leader in an increasingly multicultural environment.
- A resume that includes your previous work and educational experience.
- A program application to the principal certification Program. (This is not the same application as ApplyTexas.)
- No test score is required for admission (e.g. GRE).
* A requirement for principal certification is a two-semester practicum in an accredited Texas school. The practicum courses are not 8-week courses. They are offered during the 16-week fall and spring semesters.