Each applicant must first apply to and meet the general admission requirements of UNT's Toulouse Graduate School.Then, applications for students who meet initial admission standards are forwarded to the College of Education for review and final decision.
Apply to Toulouse Graduate School
- You must be admitted to the Toulouse Graduate School before enrolling in the accelerated online program.
- Submit your application at applytexas.org and choose the "Secondary Teacher Certification: Grad Academic Certificate" in the degree plan list. Make sure you confirm that you are applying for the Online Program when prompted. Details on their requirements and applications deadlines can be viewed at https://tgs.unt.edu/future-students/graduate-admissions. Requirements for international applicants can be viewed at http://admissions.unt.edu/international, including information on meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement. The Department encourages students to apply well in advance of the posted deadlines. All departmental application materials must be received within two months of the submitted online application.
- Pay the $75 application fee, which can be submitted through applytexas.org.
- Request an official transcript of your records from each college or university that you have attended (official transcripts of all academic coursework previously undertaken, including an undergraduate degree from an accredited academic institution in an allied field) and have them sent to the Toulouse Graduate School. Submit documents to:
- University of North Texas
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS)
1147 Union Circle, ESSC Room 354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203
- University of North Texas
Admission of International Students
- Applicants who do not hold either U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident alien status should apply through the UNT International Admissions Office, in addition to the Toulouse Graduate School and College of Health and Public Service. An international applicant's bachelor's degree should be equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree. International students ONLY: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) — check minimum scores required with your program advisor.
Apply to the College of Education
Send all departmental materials and application inquiries to:
University of North Texas
Department of Teacher Education and Administration
1155 Union Circle #311335
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Check Status Online
There are two ways to check your application status:
- To check if your transcripts have been submitted: The Toulouse Graduate School will send you an email and pin number to check online at my.unt.edu. You will need to activate your EUID with the pin number and click on Admissions Status.
- To check if your supporting documents have been submitted:
Email your full name and UNT Student ID to Maria.Prada@unt.edu or email@example.com. Enter "Application Status Update" as well as your name and UNT Student ID in the email subject line.